Hi everyone, happy Thursday. It’s an amazing feeling to love and be loved but man can it be complicated! With Valentine’s Day coming up I figured it would be a great day to talk about everything L O V E. I’ve asked a few of my close friends and family about their experience with love. Whether that be with family, friends, or significant others!
- What is love to me you ask? “Love is not a noun to be defined, but a verb to be acted upon.” Love is everything. If you’re lucky, you have a wonderful family that has been full of love since day one. You have friends who turn into family because of the love for each other. You have a S/O who one day just might become part of the family. Love is family. Love is imperfect. It is trusting in the adventure of what’s ahead. It’s well spoken honesty and communication. Genuine love is constantly growing. It should make you want to be a better person. Valentine’s Day is a day of love. It’s the one day that no matter what’s going on in this crazy world you get to take time and focus on your love ones. It’s something special for all relationships.
- Love to me is family. I can rely on the people I love. They always have my back if something happens and that is how I feel with my friends too.
- To me, love means being comfortable with someone. Feeling like you’ve known them your entire life and feeling at home when you’re with them.
- Real love is making the other person feel well cared for, in the way they need. It is about showing up when you don’t want to. It’s listening to the same story 10 times & still laughing. It is trust & respect, for who they are as a person. It is constant, diligent effort & life changing rewards & lots of forgiveness & lots of apologies.
- What is Valentine’s Day to me? Valentine’s Day is a day created to celebrate not who we love but that we love. It’s a day to celebrate being able to love and being able to marry and being able to be happy with somebody else. It’s a day not made for just people who have a significant other.. but for people who are in love with anyone. It’s for people who love their families, pets, and friends too. Valentine’s Day is a day made for people who love other people and to celebrate our ability to love. It’s a day created to show that love does not make us weak.. but it bonds us and makes us strong.
- Love to me is growing. It grows the more you get to know the person. It grows the more you care for the person. Love is being there through the ups and downs, through the days of fighting off depression and the days of unbelievable happiness. Love is what makes most of life worth it. Love may not be forever, but the feeling it gives you will forever stay with you. It’s better to love than regret or hate or wonder. It’s better to give love and see the happiness it brings than wonder what will happen in return. Because that happiness is your return.
Love is a constant journey. It is what makes life so special. It’s important to make sure that the people we care for, know that. Tell someone you love them today! The older I get, the more I love Valentine’s Day! It’s more than just a Hallmark holiday. As said above, it’s a day celebrated that we get to love! Everyone loves in different ways. Doing this post was very eye opening on that. What is love to you? Let me know down below! I post every Thursday with an extra post throughout the week. Subscribe so you never miss out.
( I wanted to respect everyone’s privacy on this topic so I left all the submissions anonymous. Plus, it makes it more interesting. These being from different ages and genders. It’s such an intimate topic to talk about love that not everyone wants it to be on the internet. Which I totally respect!! I don’t want you to miss out on some of their great work though. So I’m linking a few people who helped me on this post down below so you can check out their other work! )
Where to find us: